Content marketing can help grow your business in many different ways. We all know that because it has been repeated about a million times on the marketing blogosphere in the last 5 years.
But really, I’m always impressed with these two most common scenarios when it comes to companies adopting (or not) content marketing:
- Many companies jump on the wagon to just go through the motions of writing posts, without really knowing why, or having clear goals
- Or companies that fail to see the benefits of a content-rich website rather than a virtual static brochure
And this is why I loved this infographic from Neil Patel (QuickSprout), because it focuses on one clear benefit: Content marketing can help improve your search engine rankings. So I wanted to share it with you.
Here are the key takeaways:
- Companies with blogs generate 97% more leads
- 61% of consumers say they feel better about a company with a blog
- Interesting content is one of the main reasons consumers follow brands online
But, can content marketing directly improve search rankings?
- Websites with blogs have 434% more indexed pages
- The average top page on Google contains between 2032 and 2494 words
- Content rich websites generate 97% more links
Infographic courtesy of QuickSprout.