Email automation works. Period.
The problem is, many people still believe we’re just talking about simply sending a welcome message upon signup or a thank you note after a sale.
But it’s definitely much more than that. Email automation can help you create a system that targets users with the right messages at the right times, like offering a related product after a sale, create loyalty programs or engage existing customers that haven’t made any purchases in a specific period of time.
If you’re a regular reader of this blog, you know I’ve said many times, email is probably the most efficient channel of communications your business can have with your customers and prospects, not only to generate new business but also to increase revenue in your existing customer base.
Email can open opportunities in your business that no social network can.
But, why is it that businesses don’t focus more on email then?
In my experience with clients and readers of the blog, I’ve noticed that they either don’t completely understand how email works as a marketing tool, they are familiar with email and how to create campaigns but no so much about automation, or they don’t believe the potential this dinosaur hides underneath.
That’s why I wanted to share theses 21 stats that Emma has put together, and perhaps this will help you consider a more aggressive approach to email automation in 2015.
Here are the 21 stats of email automation
- Automated emails get 119% higher click rates than broadcast emails
- For B2B marketers, automated emails can get conversion rates as high as 50% because they’re targeting the right prospect at the right time
- The number one reason marketers use automation in email is to increase revenue
- Marketers that use automation are 133% more likely to send a message that is aligned with the customer’s purchase cycle
- Relevancy is key. Marketers that send relevant emails can produce 18x more revenue than with broadcast emails
- Personalization can generate 6x more revenue than non-personalized emails
- Transactional emails can produce up to 3% increase in revenue
- Nurtured leads make 47% larger purchases
- The average open rate of a welcome email is as high as 50%, that’s 86% more effective than newsletter emails
- Welcome email have 4x higher open rates and 5x the CTR than any other type of email
- 74.4% of new subscribers expect a welcome email after the signup
- Welcome emails can produce 33% more brand engagement in the long-term
- A series of welcome email can generate 13% more revenue than sending just one welcome email
- Only 24% of marketers send emails based on timely events
- Birthday emails convert 60% more than non-birthday emails with the same offer
- Birthday emails generate 30% more opens and 60% more clicks
- 78% of marketers say segmentation is the most important feature of automation
- Marketers that send automated emails can repurpose 61% more content than marketers that don’t use automation
- The most important benefit of email automation is the generation of more and better leads
- The average user spends 51 seconds scanning an email, this is why a series to deliver one piece of content at a time is more effective than sending one email
- 64% of recipients open an email because of the subject line
Click here for a full screen infographic experience.