Email has been with us for long and we’re so used to it, nobody expect it to change.
But email marketing is definitely changing.
Today, courtesy of Kissmetrics, we take a look at two aspects of how email marketing is changing: Triggered emails and Mobile email.
What’s a “triggered” email?
In case you’re not yet familiar with the concept, a “triggered email” is a message that is automated based on an action taken by the subscriber, for example:
- Adding a product to the shopping cart
- Abandoning a shopping cart
- Making a purchase
- Click specific links
Do you have to be mobile?
Do you have to worry about having your emails optimized for mobile delivery?
Absolutely. Let’s just put it this way:
- Mobile “Open Rates” are up 40% in the last couple of years
- In mobile, more people delete poorly formatted emails (up 20% from last year)
- And more people unsubscribe (up 9% from last year)
Important: There is an offer for you at the bottom of this post, it’s about our new “Email Marketing [not so] 101” Workshop. Don’t forget to check it out.
Infographic courtesy of Kissmetrics.
Interested in learning more about Email Marketing?
Our 4-week workshop is now available for pre-order with big savings. Learn more about it here: Email Marketing [not so] 101.